Selected Victor Herbert Weblinks
- The Comic Opera Guild, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- The Comic Opera (COG) is a semi-professional theater company dedicated to performing the great pieces of the operetta and light opera repertoire.
Casts generally mix professionals with talented members drawn from the community and from students and staff from the University of Michigan.
COG presents English translations of classic French, Italian, and German operetta, and the best of the early American musical theater. Includes information on ordering CDs of live concert performances of Victor Herbert operettas from their Victor Herbert Festivals in 2004, 2005, and 2007 and additional recording sessions in 2006 and 2007. Some recordings are available with music only or with music and dialogue/narration. For details, see individual listings in the discography.
- Google Books
- Google Books includes scanned versions of many books that reference Victor Herbert. This includes many complete works in the public domain including downloadable scans of piano-vocal scores of many Victor Herber operettas.
- James Pitt-Payne's Midi Website
- On this site are over 14,000 music files of varying quality. Favorites are Victor Herbert, Reginald de Koven, Noel Coward, George Gershwin, Cole Porter, and Ivor Novello, but there are many more. Includes almost 400 midi-files of Victor Herbert songs in the public domain.
- The Music of Victor August Herbert
- A chronological list of Victor Herbert compositions by genre - Opera, Operetta, and Instrumental Works. Includes links to midi files for some songs and selections.
- This Website is a great place to start your search for information about Victor Herbert, especially if you are interested in locating performing materials or finding out about performances.
- Show Music on Record. Victor Herbert
- This is a searchable database now maintained by the Library of Congress, based on the book by Jack Raymond. Information about Victor Herbert recordings, especially those not covered by the discography at this current site, can be found in Show Music on Record.
- Internet Broadway Data Base. Victor Herbert
- A listing of shows of Broadway with music by Victor Herbert. Each entry links to another webpage with detailed production information - dates, cast,song lists, etc.
- Wikipedia: Victor Herbert entry
- The Wikipedia entry for Victor Herbert contains basic biographic information as well as a bibliography and references and links to other Wikipedia entries related to Victor Herbert, including some entries for individual shows.
- Victorian and Edwardian Musical Shows
- This site contains Midi or Karaoke Versions of Victorian & Edwardian light operas compiled by Colin M. Johnson. Included are 29 Victor Herbert operas.
Last Updated: March 30, 2013.